Once you've clicked the New Channel button you'll be presented with the new Channel setup page. This page will allow you to edit the specific Channel settings and details, including the following:
- Channel Name
- This field is required, it should include lowercase letters, numbers, or the underscore. This field does not support spaces or special characters.
- Channel Subject
- This is an optional field which supports letters, numbers, special characters, and spaces. When a Channel subject is set it will replace the Channel Name within the Channel chat.
- Channel Description
- This is an optional field which supports letters, numbers, special characters, and spaces.
- Channel Icon/Picture
- This is an optional settings allowing you to customize the Channel icon.
- Channel Privacy
- Public - Channel is available for any user to join
- Private - The Channel Owner must add members to the Channel. Private Channels will include an iconto indicate that Channel is private.
- Channel Members
- Allows you to choose members from the organization's users to be a part of the new Channel. Members may be added or removed from the Channel at anytime by the Channel Owner.
Once you have set the appropriate Channel Settings click the Save button to save your settings and create the new Channel.