The Channel owner can manage a Channel at any time. To do this, go to the Channel Management page, it is accessible via the Channels List by clicking the Actions︙button for any Channel which you are an owner of.
Once the Channel Management page is opened, the following options are available:
- Edit Channel Privacy
- Channels may be either Private or Public
- Edit Channel Subject & Description
- These fields are optional and used to provide more information to Channel members regarding the channel
- Manage Channel Members
- Used to add/remove members from the Channel as appropriate
Select or deselect members under Manage Channel members list. You can also use the search bar to find members if necessary. Press Save to save any changes.
There are 3 roles a user can have within a Channel:
- Channel Owner is a user who created the Channel
- Channel Moderator is a Channel member who was given rights to invite or remove members from the Channel (indicates that the member is a Channel Moderator within the current Channel)
- Channel Member - any member of a public Channel or a user who was invited in a private Channel
Nominating a member as a Channel Moderator by the Channel Owner is very simple. To do this, the Channel Owner needs to open the Member Actions and click on Grant admin rights. To remove the rights, the Channel Owner needs to open member the properties and click on Remove admin rights.
Only one Channel Owner per Channel may exist. A Channel Owner can nominate a Channel member as a Channel Moderator. There are no restrictions on the number of Channel Moderators per each Channel.
A Channel member once they have been named a Channel Moderator
A created Channel can be deleted by clicking on Delete in Channels List Actions and confirm the Channel deletion in the pop-up window.