While participating in a video meeting, there are many controls and options available within the interface. These controls are presented as an overlay to the the video participants and allow you to control your unique meeting experience. Below you will find an example of the video meeting experience with two participants.
At the bottom of the screen is the in-meeting control bar providing a variety of accessible in-meeting controls and options. The options are detailed below and presented in the associated picture:
- Toggle Mic On/Off: Allows you to toggle your microphone on and off to speak and share your audio, or mute your audio during your meeting.
- Toggle Camera On/Off: Allows you to toggle your camera on/off for the video conference during your meeting. When the camera is off, participants will see either your profile image (if setup) or your meeting name initials.
- Meeting Chat: This function will open a chat window to send chat messages to the meeting participants. By default, all participants can see the messages posted within the meeting chat. If you would like to privately chat with a participant, you can do so by selecting Private Chat from the Participants menu.
- Flip Camera: Utilizes your device's secondary camera (If available) to send video to the meeting participants.
- Leave Meeting: Allows you to leave the meeting or end it if you are the last meeting participant.
Lobby mode lets you protect access to the meeting by placing each new arriving attendee into a virtual "lobby" where they must ask for permission to access the meeting. Lobby Mode must be activated at the beginning of each meeting via the Security Options menu, even if it was activated for a previous meeting with the same meeting name. It is recommended that Lobby Mode be enabled for each meeting.
Once the attendee has asked to enter, the meeting organizer grants each attendee access to enter the meeting individually.
Note: If a meeting password exists the attendee may bypass waiting in the meeting lobby by entering the meeting password.
It is recommended that you set a meeting password each time you schedule a meeting. This ensures that your meeting is secure and only the participants that you want to join are able to join. You can set a meeting password via the Security Options menu. Meeting passwords are active for the current meeting only, and should be updated each time you schedule a new meeting.