Direct Voice and Video Calls (App to App)
You can make Direct Calls to other application users within your organization via the desktop and mobile apps. Direct Calls differ from traditional calls to extensions or phone numbers as they support integrated one-to-one video calling and screen sharing.
To initiate a Direct Call to another user via the application, select the Direct Call option from a Contact's Actions︙or by clicking on the Phone button in the Chat. Both are shown in the images below:
Initiating a Direct Call from the Chat window
Initiating a Direct Call from a Contact card
After hitting the Direct Call button, you will hear the ringback tone and see the call appear in the user interface as the called party is notified:
Making a Direct Call to another user
When you receive a Direct Call the call pop-up will show the inbound call with three options.
- Answer the call with audio only
- Answer the call with video enabled
- Decline the call
The active call status bar appears on top of the Chat with your Contact's name, a timer showing the duration of the ongoing call, and call control buttons:
- 1.Initiate Video turns the device camera on and starts streaming the video to the other party, initiating a direct video call. Once you are in a video call, this button will be replaced with the Disable Camera button, which will allow you to stop video streaming.
- 2.Enable Screen Sharing starts streaming the contents of your computer screen to the other party. If you are already sharing your desktop, it will be replaced with the Stop Screen Sharing button.
- 3.Mute Audio turns your microphone off. The person on the other side of the call will hear only silence without knowing that you muted your microphone. Once you mute your microphone, the Unmute Microphone button will show up.
- 4.Pause Call pauses the current call. The person on the other line will see the pause icon on the current call. After setting a call on pause, you will see the Resume Call button which allows to resume conversation.
- 5.End Call stops the call immediately.
Direct Video Calls are one-to-one video calls with users from within your organization. These differ from Video Meetings in that only two users may be engaged in a Direct Video Call at one time and the users must both be from within the same organization.
The user interface of Direct Video Calls calls shows the video of the other user within the call and a preview window of your video along with additional control buttons:
- 1.Video Full Screen opens the video call on full screen. In full screen mode this button is replaced with the Exit fullscreen button.