Comment on page
The Accent app includes an always connected virtual softphone which you may use to make and receive calls in place of your physical desk phone. Calls made with the Connect virtual softphone originate from your extension just as if they were placed from you desk phone.
You may place and receive calls from both your desk phone (if applicable), the Accent Cloud Phone mobile app, and the Connect virtual softphone, all three operate independent of the other.
The Dialpad is the default view displayed upon accessing the Phone section and allows you to make calls to external phone numbers and internal extensions (typically via 3 or 4 digit extension numbers).
Calls to extensions and phone numbers via the Dialpad use your cloud phone system to make calls to physical phones, landline numbers, or mobile phone numbers. Each Accent user has a phone extension (typically 3 or 4 digits) which can be dialed directly from the Dialpad or via the user's Contact card.
Like the call history in your mobile phone, the Call History in the Accent app allows you to keep track of your calls. For the calls that were recorded you can also listen to the recordings and download the recording files.
To access your Call History, open the Call History tab from the Phone menu. Like Contacts and Channels, Call History has a search functionality that allows you to search based on names or phone numbers.
When possible, Call History records are automatically linked to Contacts (where Contact may be your personal (Connect contact), Contact from company directory, or a contact found on your device) based on the phone number. If the application finds a matching Contact, this Contact's image and name are shown.
- Call places a call to the number associated with the record.
- Play/Pause a call recording (if applicable).
- Download a call recording (if applicable).
- Open a downloaded call recording (on mobile and desktop applications, if applicable).
- Profile allows you to access an associated Contact's profile.
- Chat starts a chat with associated Contact.
- Add to Personal Contacts allows you to create a new Contact for the calls not associated with any Contacts by opening the Add to Active Contacts form with the phone number pre-filled.
- Call Details opens the Call Details page for that record.
You can change the default on-click behavior in the Other Settings
You can also change the number of Call History records to be shown in the application. To do this, open Language and Appearance and set the Number of call history records to show as needed.
If a Call History record has a an associated call recording, you can listen to it using the built-in player or download it.
To see more detailed information about a Call History record, open the Call Details page from the Actions︙menu or by clicking on a call record.
Currently, only Calls to Extensions and Phone Numbers are listed in Call History. Video Calls use a different mechanism and thus are not included.
Each user has a voicemail box by default and voicemail may be enabled/disabled via the Voicemail Settings menu. All voicemail messages are available for delivery to email and transcription to text within the email. If the user has designated voicemail messages to be delivered via email then the message will be automatically transcribed and the transcription included within the body of the email by default.
The Accent app provides a convenient user interface to manage and interact with voicemail messages. A caller may be directed to voicemail in two cases:
Voicemail is only available for calls placed to your extension or your direct phone number, i.e. not when someone places a video call to you. To customize your Voicemail experience, visit the Voicemail Settings within the app.
Clicking on a voicemail record will open the Voicemail details page for that record. Each voicemail record can be listened to with the built-in player via the details page and/or downloaded. Downloaded files are accessible within the Downloads page.
A voicemail's status can be "new" or "read". New messages appear bolded within the list. Once you listen to a voicemail message, it is automatically marked as "read".
The options available for while interacting with a voicemail record are:
- Play/Pause a voicemail record.
- Download a voicemail record.
- Call places a call back to the number associated with the record.
- Profile shows a Contact profile if the caller is associated with a contact.
- Chat starts a Chat if the caller is associated with a Chat capable contact.
- Download stores the message to the user's PC or Mac.
- Mark as New/Read explicitly marks a voicemail record as new or read.
- Delete permanently deletes a voicemail record after the user's confirmation.
Each voicemail record is automatically linked to a Contact (which may be a personal, company or device contact) by the phone number. If the application finds a matching contact, the image and name will be shown.