Connect provides a convenient user interface to manage and interact with voicemail messages. A caller may be redirected to voicemail in two cases:
- 1.A call was rejected explicitly by the callee.
To access Voicemail, open the Voicemail tab in the main menu. Voicemail has the same search functionality as Call History, allowing you to find a specific recording. The search looks for matches in senders' names and phone numbers.
Each voicemail record is automatically linked to a Contact (which may be a personal, company or device contact) by the phone number. If the application finds a matching contact, the image and name will be shown.
Voicemail records status cna be "new" and "read". New records are highlighted. Once you listen t a voicemail record, it is automatically marked as "read".
Clicking on a voicemail record initiatee a call. Actions︙ menu shows more actions, such as:
- Play/Pause a voicemail record.
- Download a voicemail record.
- Open a downloaded voicemail record (on mobile and desktop applications).
- View Contact Profile shows a Contact if the caller is associated with a contact.
- Open Chat starts a Chat if the caller is associated with a Chat capable contact.
- Mark as New/Read explicitly marks a voicemail record as new or read.
- Delete permanently deletes a voicemail record after the user's confirmation.
You can also change the number of voicemail records to be shown in the application. To do this, open Language and Appearance and set the Number of Voicemail records to show as needed.
Each voicemail record can be listened to with the built-in player or downloaded from Actions︙.
On desktop and mobile applications, Connect remembers the location of the downloaded file and offers to open it in system's default audio player instead of re-downloading it. If you move or delete the recording file, the application will offer to download it once again.
Currently Voicemail is only available for Calls to Extensions and Phone Numbers, i.e. not when someone places a Direct app call to you.